Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

Reflection :

On 19th January, i packed up my bags and flew to Perth with a total stranger,Jason. When i got there, i was lucky enough to have a uncle who brought me out for dinner and watched a basketball match on the first day i arrived. Although i have been to Perth before when i was 6, with only the memories of the Perth Zoo and Pinacles , it was a strange and foreign world to me. People with different skin colours and a very strange acsent that i couldnt really understand were everywhere. During orientation, i have made new frens and enjoy meals prepared by someone else. Soon after orientation was over, i moved into a university hostel which became my home for the next 10 months.

On 5th February, classes officially started in college. It was indeed a new experience moving from one class to another. Each class also have different frens. The lecturers were very polite and welcoming. I enjoyed most of the classes and had learned many new things. My favourite subject of the year was Information System because it wasnt all theory but there was practical too,using the computer. I believed that it has improved my computer skills . And i love my lecturer, Julia and my frens in class, Jervynna and Oliver. During my year in college, i have made a wonderful fren whom i see everyday, Jenny, that's bcos we have the same ELACS, Human Biology and Applicable Mathematics classes together. Our friendship has really grew as time passed by. We often let out our feelings to each other during classes even though we were total strangers at first. She has often helped me with my studies also. Thanks a lot, Jenny! =)

During September to early November, i was in a war of fighting to hold on to my 3 year relationship. But I failed terribly. A 30 year old woman whom i think is desperate of seeking a husband =p has snatched away the person who was the centre of my life, whom i never stopped thinking about him for the passed 3 years. OK! OK! It was not her fault. It was because my brainless ex let his feeling of lust took control of his body and they did something naughty naughty that was not right in God's eyes. So i had to give up this relationship because it was not worth fighting for anymore. I didnt want to get myself involved in anything that displeases God. To tell you the truth, I was glad it ended. Because soon after we broke up, i realised that my life was about him. I had nothing else. No close frens. No life. I ditch all of my frens jus to spend time with him and i got angry when he didnt want to spend time with me. (See, how foolish i was. This is so embrassing.)-.-

However, in October, Juliana and I had decided to perform a dance on our Graduation night. We also met a wonderful dance teacher, CJ who has agreed to help us with the dance. Then, CJ tot Kiat who be a great help in the dance, so he joined in. When i agreed to participate in the dance, little did i know that God was preparing this little group of frens for me, he knew that i needed them when i got my heart broken. I thank God for sending me them whom i called angels taking care of me at that particular time of trouble. Now that i know and had experienced how much God loves and cares for me, He has become the centre of my life. This had also taught the meaning of friendship and i have learned how to appreciate them.

November was the time, i had to sit for my final exam which will determined the course that i m going to continue in uni.One paper after another, i came out from the exam hall with a sad face because it was freaking difficult compared to my college exam. But after i got my results and a personal letter from my college principal, I m proud to say that i have done very well in my studies this year. It was more that i can ever hope. Thanks to the college system, although i do complaint that there are tests everyweek. But i never regret studying for each and every one of it. I have also learnt to never give up when i failed, all i need to do is just continue to study and try my best in the next test.

December means family time =) i have really enjoyed my stay in kl with my beloved family. It is really huge and i love them all. Thanks cousins for a wonderful wonderful time!=) It reminds me of all the cny we had together where we hang out in my house and had lots of fun together.

Lastly, before i forget, i would like to thank my parents for this wonderful experience in Perth. It tells me how special i m becoz lots of my frens will be applying for local uni or a scholarship to go overseas. I would also like to thank my sister, Jun and her bf, Nigel for taking care of me all this while in Perth. I didnt had to experience what others had to. U guys drove me aorund while others needed to wait for the public transport. And every weekend, i do not have to eat by myself. Thank you for everything and i love u guys so much.

Goodbye 2008!

-The End-

1 comment: