Monday, September 7, 2009

Lecture free week or holiday?

Finally holidays are here. I agree with Berwin here, its not actually a holiday more lik a lecture free week where we are suppose to take this time to do some catching up on the lectures we failed to attend jus because we were not in the mood for boring lecture. There's one thing that i total disagree with Berwin is that our summer holiday is a HOLIDAY for us. He said we should continue to study for next sem. He is mad! What are we suppose to study? I dun even know what units am i taking next year. Confirmed-madcase.

Last friday,sis and I were in charged of preparing refreshment. I failed to made my yummy shepherd pie. First of all, the potatoes weren't golden brown when we took it out from the oven because we were already super late for cell. Secondly, when we put it back in the oven in Hampden house,the meat was burnt at the bottom. Lastly, it was cold when we ate it=.= I ll try again next time.

Our church just started the season of prayer yesterday. The first day's devotion was to set out priorities right again. The question that really struck me was "Where do you spent most of your time on?" The first thing that came into my mind was facebook. Wel, that's so true. Everytime i on my laptop, the first website i ll go into is facebook.I even set it as my homepage. When i take the bus to work or during boring lecture, i logged into facebook by phone. As i reflect back, I realised that my quiet time has been strinking especially on nights when i am super tired from uni or work. I can just read through the scripture without processing the words in my mind and i ll say a short prayer before i go jump into bed. There's a thought has been popping out in my mind over and over again. If my bf were to spend such a short amount of time with me everyday, i ll definitely get angry. What about God? I dont think God will angry and scold us but He will feel sad for us. That's why i am fasting from facebook hopefully from this 21 days.(although, i think the devil has already tried to tempt me into logging into facebook. The amount of facebook notification i received for the last 2 days is approximately 50 but with God's strength i can do it! ) i should use the time i spent on facebook with God. What i want to see through this season of prayer is to enjoy my quiet time. Every morning when i wake up, I want to look forward to do my quiet time with God.

Yesterday,after church we had another cell and we ate steamboat for dinner before Rachel left for China. Poor Jessica allegric to seafood so all she ate was mushroom,tofu,beef and pork slices. We had a really good laugh, enjoyed the fellowship and playing mind games. Today we went to swan valley for wine tasting,chocolate factory and dinner at northbrigde. I didnt take a lot of photos though.i will upload the ones i took when i have free time.hehe.

Toodles! off to bed right now. Gossip girl Season 3 is coming out soon! And i have been watching to season 2 just to refresh my memories and preparing for season 3. LOL. And here's another thing i spent lots of my time. Watching tv series!

No comments:

Post a Comment