Tuesday, October 5, 2010

His heart:)

This afternoon while i was in prayer group, it suddenly made me realise why wasnt my prayer answered by God. ok, here's the story:

I have been asking God to help me 'forget' about him, so that i wont be distracted/wondering off in a dream world which does not exist. I really want to concentrate on my studies as exams are in a month's time. sob sob:'( Then i remembered as Yvette lead the openning prayer, she asked God to lay in our hearts anything that is burdening His heart. I asked myself, is this what he wants?Then I realised that i have been prayering for what i want, not what he wants. Doesnt God knows the best for us?Then why am i still praying for what i want? Mayb its becos it easier to do so? then i would know what the outcome is. It sounds scary not knowing what the future will be like. But that's having faith,isn't it? Letting go of the steering wheel that i have been grabbing on and surrendering it to God so that He can steer my life for me according to His plans. Its easier said than done. Let me encourage you to pray according to His will and not yours :)      

No comments:

Post a Comment