Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thunders

Rain rain go away
Come again another day
Little Jane wants to play
Rain rain go away

Its been raining cats and dogs for these few days. Go away rain! I rather it freaking hot than wet.

This reminds me of a my funny little theory of thunder. As a little kid, i was very scared of thunders. I didnt scream or cry when i heard the loud and frightening sounds of thunders but i need to be with someone who comforts me. If it comes during midnights, i will run to my parents’ room and tuck myself between them. As i grew older, i remembered i ask dad what are thunders? and why does it sounds so loud? Dad told me 'Its because God is angry.' I silently accepted the answer but i didnt exactly understood it. I kept asking myself –Why is God angry? What is it about? Was it because me? What did i do wrong? So from that day onwards, i started praying for forgiveness every time there were thunders. Sometimes, I will keep on praying until it was over. But as year passed by, i do pray when there are thunders but i finally got the idea of God wasn’t angry at me alone. There are other sinners too. I thought to myself "After i pray, i’ll be fine." Slowly, i overcame my fear of thunders. However, i found a linked to my thunder story years after. It was during my Form5 year, I was having a conversation with Sam and it started raining so i decided to tell him about what my dad told me thunder was when i was a little kid and guess what? He told me that his dad told him, there is thunder because God is spanking all the demons’ butt. Suddenly, it made sense why God was so angry and where all the loud and frightening sound came from.

:D actually i still don't know what causes the sound of thunders? Do you?

3 comments:

  1. thunder caused by lightning...lightning is the transfer of static energy accumulated by the clouds when they move through the air...so either the energy is transfered from 1 cloud to another or transfered to the ground...thats when lightning hits the ground...thunder is jus the sound of that happenin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you dan koko for the explaination(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. lolz...i actualy commented here?!?...i realy don remember!...haha :p was jus lookin through ur blog...haha :p

    ReplyDelete